I am opening a new gallery on my website, aperiora.com. This gallery is dedicated to images that are used in meditation based on Visio Divina. Visio Divina is similar to Lectio Divina, meditation based on scripture, but Visio Divina uses images instead. Here’s a brief explanation of how Visio Divina Works :
1. Choose an image from the gallery.
2. While looking at the image let your eyes concentrate on the first thing that catches your attention. Remain looking at this small portion of the image. Don’t let your eyes wander to any other part of the image. Gaze at that part for a minute or so.
3. Let your eyes gaze at the whole image. Don’t be rushed, allowing time for your eyes to examine avery part of the image. Reflect on the whole image for about a minute.
4. Consider these questions:
A. What emotions does the image evoke in you?
B. What does this image stir up in you, bring forth from you?
C. Does this image lead you into an attitude of prayer? If so let these prayers take form in you. Write them down if you desire.
5. Offer your prayers to God in a final time of silence.
My prayer is that these Visio Divina images enhance your meditation and bring you into a deeper relationship with God.